How do I contact you?
You may email us at email@example.com with any questions. We will be in contact within 24 hours.
Do the cards come with envelopes?
We provide one free premium white pointed flap envelope with each card ordered, along with five (5) extra envelopes. Return address imprinting for an additional fee is available for all envelopes.
Do any of your cards require additional postage when mailed?
All our cards use standard postage (a $0.47 stamp) EXCEPT for square cards. The current required postage rate for square cards is $0.68.
What type of paper do you use?
All cards are currently printed on premium, heavyweight matte 120 lb. Mohawk Eggshell White Paper. We can print any flat cards on double thick, 240 lb. Mohawk Eggshell White Paper, upon request and for an additional fee. Please contact us if you would like pricing for the double thick paper.
Do you offer proofs?
For cards that are fully customizable online, we do not offer a printed proof of your personalized card; however, we can email you a free electronic proof upon request. Please enter your proof request in the Special Instructions box on the check out screen. If you are ordering a card or invitation that may not be customized online, our designer will email you a proof before printing. You will receive your proof within 2 business days. **We do not email proofs of gift tags, calling cards or stickers, unless specifically requested by the customer.**
Will you create a custom card for me?
**We do not offer a custom card service at this time.** The cards found on our website may be minimally customized by our designers to accommodate items such as adding multiple photos to a card or making minor layout changes. Depending on the layout changes, a $25 to $40 design fee may be charged. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your modification request may be fulfilled.
Is there a minimum order required?
We require a minimum order of 10 when ordering cards, a minimum order of 12 or 16, depending on the size, when ordering gift tags, and a minimum order of 25 when ordering calling cards.
What is the maximum card order that can be placed?
You may order any number of cards (in multiples of 5) or gift tags (in multiples of 12 or 16) or calling cards (in multiples of 25). If you need to order more than 500 cards or calling cards or more than 400 gift tags, please contact us at email@example.com.
What do I receive with my card order?
All card orders come with the following:
- Cards printed on premium, heavyweight matte 120 lb. Mohawk Eggshell White Paper
- Free premium white pointed flap envelopes for each card and five (5) extra envelopes.
Can items be previewed online before purchasing?
All cards, envelopes and gift tags can be customized and previewed online before purchasing. Please ensure you thoroughly review your card before clicking the Finalize button. You will not be able to retrieve your card after you finalize it.
Dixie Design Collective is not held responsible for reprinting items that were incorrectly entered by the customer. Please ensure you review all text and photos before you “finalize” your card and then purchase. Additionally, all photographs uploaded to the card in the preview screen have minimum pixel width and height requirements and should be 300 dpi. Lower quality printing may result if any photographs were uploaded and ordered that did not meet these standards. Dixie Design Collective is not responsible for reprinting cards that did not meet the standards provided for uploading photographs.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
You can typically expect to receive your order within seven (7) to ten (10) days. During the holiday season, expect to receive your order within seven (7) to ten (10) BUSINESS days. All orders may be rush processed for an additional fee ($40 during the holiday season and $25 at all other times). Rush processing reduces your item's processing and printing time from 2-3 days to 1-2 days. Rush processing only expedites the amount of time it takes for your item to be processed and printed. If necessary, you will need to pay additional expedited shipping fees found on your checkout screen.
Can I cancel or amend my order after it has been submitted?
If you need to change or cancel your order after submission, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and date the order was submitted. If the order has not been sent to print, we may cancel or make minor changes to your order. Unfortunately, if the order has already been submitted for printing, we will not be able to cancel or amend the order.
What is the process if I am unhappy with the product I ordered?
If you are unhappy with your products, please email email@example.com with detailed information regarding your dissatisfaction. Please include your order date along with your order number and a picture of the item. If both Dixie and the customer agree the quality of the product printing itself is not as expected, Dixie will either reprint the card for free or issue a refund for the order. However, if the dissatisfaction is due to the customer not entering correct text or uploading a lower quality photograph that did not meet the standards listed for image upload, Dixie will not be responsible for reprinting or a refund. This also includes photos that are dark when uploaded. It is the customer's responsibility to lighten the photograph before uploading; please note that the image on your computer screen is backlit and will appear slightly lighter than it will print. Dixie will do minimal photo lightening before card processing, but we can not substantially alter the photo uploaded. It is also fully the customer’s responsibility to ensure all text is entered correctly and a high quality photograph(s) is uploaded. Dixie will not contact a customer if the image quality is below standard. It is Dixie’s responsibility to provide a high quality printed card. It is the customer’s responsibility to upload a high quality photograph and review and approve all entered text.
What if my cards have been damaged in transit?
If you receive Dixie products damaged in transit, please send a picture of the damaged box and product to firstname.lastname@example.org. After receipt and review of the photograph indicating damage, we will offer you either either a reprint free of charge or a full refund.
Please note that Dixie does not take responsibility for the quality of customers’ photos. It is fully the customer’s responsibility to ensure uploaded photographs meet our photo submission standards and to upload photos that are not too dark. We will not reprint cards due to poor image quality or photos that are too dark and, thus, do not print well. Please note that the photo on your computer screen is backlit and appears lighter than the actual printed photograph.
Each uploaded photo should meet the following minimum standards:
Picture resolution: Your photo should have a resolution of 300 dpi (dots per inch) in order to ensure premium printing quality.
File size: The minimum file size will be indicated on your card photo upload screen if the image is too small. If you receive this "warning," please make the appropriate adjustments to your photo and re-upload. Photos may not be larger than 20 MB (megabytes).
Photo formats: JPEG, JPG and PNG
Personalizing your Card
**For best personalization results, we recommend using a laptop or desktop and Internet Explorer browser (for PC users) and Safari browser (for Mac users). We can not guarantee the personalization tool will work well using a handheld device (ipad, tablet, phone).**
Our easy to use online Personalization screen allows you to upload photographs, adjust, rotate or zoom their position and customize text for a personal message and/or family name. Complete the following steps to personalize your selected card:
- Within the product page, hit the blue Customize and Add to Cart It button.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the front of the card you wish to personalize (the sample text will be replaced with your personal text as you complete the steps below). On the right side of the screen, you will see the methods by which you may personalize the card via a photo upload and/or text boxes. You will also find tabs across the top right of the screen to click through the FRONT, INSIDE, BACK of your card to personalize those areas.
- To upload a photo, click “Add Your Photo” on the right side of your screen. Click “Upload Photo” and select your desired photo and then click “Upload Image.” Your image will appear within the card on the left side of your screen. If your image does not appear, recheck your photo dimensions and resolution. You may need to adjust those items to meet our photo submission requirements. See the Photo Submission section above for the requirements. Also note that uploading times may vary depending on the size of your photo and your internet speed. You will see a “Loading…” icon appear as your photo is uploading. Do not click “Upload” more than once. If you are having trouble uploading a photo and you have ensured your photo dimensions conform to our standards, please exit the customization screen and begin at step 1 again. If your photo still does not upload after restarting, please visit our Troubleshooting section below.
- You may zoom, rotate or move your image within the preview card to properly position the photo. You may do so by using the buttons within the photo box or you may resize or zoom in or out by using the corner arrows on the photo itself. You may also click on the image and move it side to side or up and down.
- Please ensure your photo fills the entire box or the entire front or back of the card, as indicated via the sample card on the product page. You may need to zoom your photo in order for it completely fill the area specified.
- To personalize a message and/or name on the card, click “Add Your Text” on the right side of the screen and then click within the text box. You do not need to highlight the current sample text in the box. Begin typing and the sample text will disappear; it is only in the text box to give you guidance when previewing the card on the left side of the screen. In order to keep with the intended card design, please type your text using upper or lower case letters as it appears in the text box. All text boxes require text to be entered. Sample text will not be printed on your final card. You will not be able to “Finalize” your card until all text boxes have been completed.
- Certain text boxes will allow you to type text on multiple lines. Make sure you hit the “Return” button on your keyboard when you want a line to appear below the current text line you’re typing. The preview program will not know when you want the second and third lines to appear. You will need to hit “Return” to separate those lines appropriately.
- After you have personalized your selected card, please look over all sides (Flat cards: FRONT and BACK; Folded cards: FRONT, INSIDE TOP, INSIDE BOTTOM and BACK) and ensure the text is entered correctly and the photo is positioned correctly. Please note that Dixie is not responsible for reprinting cards that have incorrect text or photos that are not uploaded according to our photo submission guidelines.
- Click “Finalize.” Please ensure all components of your card (photo position, quality, text entered) are complete and correct before you click Finalize. You will not be able to preview your card again after you exit this screen.
- You will be taken to the Cart screen. At this point you may check out or you may continue shopping by clicking on a category along the top of your screen.
- To order personalized Envelopes to accompany your cards, go back to your selected card product page. You will see Matching Products: Custom Envelopes just above the blue Customize and Add to Cart button. Click on the Custom Envelopes link and it will guide you through the personalization of that item.
- You may order coordinating Gift Tags is the same way as explained in item #11 above.
If the card details look slightly fuzzy or pixelated in the customization screen, please do not worry your card will print that way. The customization screen is used for uploading your photos and entering your text; the high resolution, clear (not fuzzy or pixelated) print file is generated after you click “Finalize.”
If you are having trouble with the customization screen, please review the following circumstances and complete the steps to resolve the possible issue.
The card is sizing down in the Personalization screen and it's hard for me to see the text.
Our personalization screen works best when using Internet Explorer and Safari browsers. Please use one of these two browsers to receive the best experience when customizing your card. The card resizing issue seems to occur most frequently while using Google Chrome browser.
My photo will not upload in the card.
Ensure your photo meets our photo submission requirements (see Photo Submission section above). If your photo does meet our standards and will not upload, please exit the customization screen and begin the personalization process again. If your photo still will not upload, please perform the following steps to clear your browser's cache:
Safari browser: History > Clear History and Website Data > Select All History > Clear History
Google Chrome browser: History > Show Full History > Click and select each history item > Clear Browsing Data
Firefox browser: History > Clear Recent History > Select Everything > Clear Now
After clearing the cache, you should be able to upload your photo(s). If you are still having trouble, please contact us at email@example.com.
After resizing or zooming in on my photo, it looks fuzzy or distorted.
When zooming in or resizing a photo, please only use the buttons within the photo box or the corners of the picture. Do not use the sides of the picture to resize; your photo will become distorted. If that happens, please exit the customization screen and begin again. Likewise, if you zoom too far into your photo, the image quality may be compromised and result in a poor quality image that would not print well. Please note that Dixie is not responsible for reprinting cards that contain a poor quality image, which may be the result from photo distortion or from zooming in too much on the uploaded photo.
When I click the Finalize button, nothing happens.
Each photo box and every text box must be completed before you Finalize your product. The sample text within the text box is only there to guide you, but it will not print on the final card. You must enter a message in the text box, even if it is the same message as the sample text. Your Finalize button is disabled until all customizable components of the card are complete. After each item is complete and you have reviewed all sides of your card to ensure correctness, you may click the Finalize button.
I have a discount code and I'm not sure where to input it.
Discount codes are entered on the Check Out screen and discounts will be immediately applied.
May I create a card and save it without purchasing it?
You may create an account with Dixie and all orders you place will appear within your account for reference. However, we do not currently have the capability of creating a card and saving it to be viewed at a later time. That functionality will be coming soon.